Sunday 25 July 2021

4.9 Honeymoon



Lincoln's able to soothe his wife's worries. 

"C'mon Tammi, the tents will be sand free, and it'll give us plenty of time to...get out of the sun." 



Tammi giggles, all being right with the world briefly. 




***


After some nice alone time, the couple wanders off for a refreshing swim. 







After some frolicking in the water, I find out that they can snorkel! 




Tammi doesn't find anything, but she feels refreshed. 



Lincoln waits for her on the shore. 

He's having a fun time here, celebrating his marriage... but something feels empty. He's never told Tammi that he loves her.... but does he? Does he actually love her? 



When they kiss, he feels excitement, passion, in the physical sense. 



That will have to be close enough. 



They have a late night dinner. 

"You look beautiful, Tammi." 



She doesn't even look up, "You know it." 


"Now that the sun has set, what do you say about some star-gazing?" 



They quickly get distracted by each other instead. 


Tammi's in high spirits the next morning. Lincoln is besotted with her, she feels great, she just wishes Lincoln would take her to some museums they found in the paper... 



But spends most of his time brooding. She can't push the thought away that he'd rather be here with Heather instead. He thinks he hid his manuscript well, but she read the first letter before closing the window. Who does he think he is, ignoring her



"Lincoln, why won't you come and spend time with me? It is our honey-moon, after all. You should be sweeping me off my feet, proclaiming your love for me, celebrating our passion!



"Ugh, I'm so sick of you telling me what to do. Take me here! Let's go there! It's too hot! You're not being lovey-dovey enough! You're stuck in some weird fantasy world where everything revolves around you!" 



"How DARE you! I am your wife! You're supposed to speak to me honourably, respectfully!" 

"Respectfully my ass, the only time we got along is when we fu-"



Tammi slaps him across the face. Hard. 



"You are disgusting. I want to go home. NOW!" 



They come home in icy silence... 




And it's only when he sees Tammi dressed in her wedding gown again does Lincoln snap. 

"What the hell are you doing?" 

"I was going to show you the commitment you made to me, to tell you to treat me as respectfully as the day we married! Doesn't seeing me like this make you feel....anything?" 



Lincoln comes to the realisation that this just won't work. 

"Tammi. This is too much work. Let's just stop." 



"Just stop!? Lincoln this is MARRIAGE, not some video game! You can't just hit pause! You can't just quit." 

"It's called divorce, sweetie. Look it up in the dictionary."


He realises he's gone too far when Tammi begins to cry. 

"I'm-I'm sorry. But this just isn't good for us." 



Tammi slaps him across the face for the second time. 

"You filthy scoundrel. I can't believe you... I bet it was all about the woohoo for you!" with that, she storms out of the house, not even bothering to pack some clothes. 



Lincoln has to explain the situation to his father a few hours later. 

"So she just slapped you and left?" 

"Pretty much." 
------------------------------------

AN: I wanted to keep Tammi around for a while, but she picked so many fights all the time. Rosalind's also nearly child-age so I wanted to move things along to avoid the huge age gap that Tula and Haliya have in my Winterly blog. 

That's right, the couple roll is second chance, and the misc fun is half-siblings! Lincoln will have to find another partner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment