Monday 23 July 2018

1.31 Can't Quite Believe it


Naomi can't quite believe it. 

Her last exam was this afternoon. History. It's over. It's been over for hours now. 

She pulls up to the curb and looks around numbly. 




"Hey there," Brianne says, a large grin on her face, "Ready to celebrate no more exams?" 




"I just... is it really over?" Naomi asks in disbelief. 

"Thank the Watcher it is!" Brianne laughs with relief. 

"I don't even know how I did," Naomi frets, "I had no idea what impact-," 

"Oh. My. Gosh. It's over, Naomi! Stop talking about it!" Brianne interrupts snappily. 

"Sorry..." 

"Quit apologising! Let's just get inside." 



Once they're in front of a karaoke machine, their exam woes are forgotten. 

They're finally free! 



They're both awful singers... 




But the world seems to almost fade away. Naomi's having too much fun to care... 

"Hey, isn't that Calvin's 'not' girlfriend?" 




Until she realizes Calvin's entire family is here too. 

"Hey, Naomi, this is a duet. You know, two people have to sing?" Brianne whispers. The microphone broadcasts it to the entirety of Mick's Master Karaoke. 



Naomi switches her microphone off. 

"That's Calvin's mom. Oh my gosh, Brianne! We need to get off stage!" 

Brianne is too immersed in the vocals to answer. 



But yanking her microphone plug out does the trick. 

"Naomi, what the fuck?" Brianne is surprised. 

"Look, I'm uh...hungry. Let's get something to eat. Far. Far. away from here." 

Brianne is too hungry to argue. 



So they grab a greasy, delicious dinner at the diner. 

"Briaaaaaanne, let's go!" Naomi yawns to her friend. 

Brianne holds her hand up in a "just one second" gesture, deeply engrossed in a conversation with her mom. 

"Yeah mom, I'm with Naomi! I know it's late. Get off my back, it's not even curfew!" 



Eventually they make it to Naomi's house. 

"Are you sure you can't stay over?" Naomi asks, "My mom won't mind since you're a girl." 

Brianne shakes her head, "My mom's worried that since I'm nearly 18 and done with school now that I'm going to 'gallivant with some hooligans'. Seriously, that is a word for word quote. Like I said, she reads way too much." 

"Well, she does teach literature." 

Brianne shudders. Her mother was a well-known journalist once! That was cool! Now she's retired and teaching at their school. She is so glad that she's graduating now; going to school with her mom there... she can't imagine. 

"Do you need me to drive you home then?" Naomi hesitates at her door. 

"I don't need to be babysat! Gosh!" seeing Naomi's surprise, Brianne closes her eyes. 

"Sorry. Just...stuff with my mom. No, I'm fine, it's nice out anyways. Walking home when it's warm.... gotta enjoy that. Fall's just around the corner and all." 

The two friends wave goodbye. 



Naomi waves to her mother, who doesn't seem to notice her entering. Another call from work, Naomi guesses. She goes to her room to give her mother some privacy. 

"Starlight Shores?" Sage breathes, "Of course I'll go! No, no, I'd be more than happy to relocate..." Anything for the dream. 





Besides, Naomi's old enough to take care of herself now. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: WHEW that's finally done. I had to cut out so much because I took hundreds of photos. I might post an outtake page later of the things Sage and Naomi got up to during Naomi's teen years. 

So this marks the end of generation 1! Obviously the heir is Naomi. I'll give her traits here and later on the page; 

- Workaholic
- Friendly
- Charismatic
- Neurotic
- Dislikes children 

She got the last one upon aging up. Given that this is a random legacy, Naomi might have a bit of a rough time with that one... 

Some other notes; 

Brianne's mother is Constance Shelley. I was surprised that she had any kids since in my previous playthroughs in Riverview she stayed single forever (or had a partner but no children). She was never home the few times I considered sending Naomi over so we never get to see her in this legacy. 

Constance's traits are; 

- Neurotic
- Perfectionist
- Absent minded
- Bookworm 
- Clumsy 

Being a neurotic perfectionist who's also absent minded and clumsy sounds...not great to go through. She had one child (Brianne) with a vanilla, then got married to someone else later and had no children. She actually got pretty high up in her journalism career before quitting, which surprised me. 

Calvin and Brianne aged up to adult shortly after Naomi did, and shortly before that Sage aged up into elder. She actually reached the top of her career by that point, but I'm writing her promotions as being slower in coming than they really are. 

Billy Caspian actually fathered one of Ruby Broke's (Calvin's mother's) kids. She's the oldest out of the Broke-Bagley children and named Deliah. Then he dumped her and she married Sherman Bagley. They had four kids together including Calvin. 


2 comments:

  1. I think you said somewhere you rolled for random traits (unless I have you mixed up with another RLCer), for that Naomi's traits fit really well with her story/upbringing as a kid, I can definitely imagine her being neurotic but also a friendly and responsible workaholic.

    The end of this generation reminds me of my Koyangi legacy (which died the computer death), gen. 2 was also a single mother/daughter roll with Feli in the classical music branch (a terribly boring job if you ask me) and at the end she moved out to pursue her career in Bridgeport because I wanted her to be gone, hah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi didn't have random traits actually, I had it all planned out before that XP

      Haha yeah pretty much the same happened here. Sage hasn't been doing much but working, playing instruments, and playing chess for a while. Her logic and guitar skills are maxed and her career is level 10- time to go!

      Delete